Lemming Uprising

Monday, September 13, 2004

V.S. Naipul and war with Iran and Saudi-Arabia

I just came across this by way of Jihad Watch.

"Asked about a proper response of the West, Naipaul said: "Well, clearly Iraq is not the place to have gone. But religious war is so threatening to the rest of us that it cannot be avoided.
"It will have to be fought... there are certain countries which foment it, and they probably should be destroyed, actually."
What about Saudi Arabia? Naipaul said: "I would like to think so, yes", adding that "I think Iran has to be dealt with, too."
Naipaul believes that the world is yet to confront the implications of the rise of Islamic states."

Read the whole thing here!

I have yet to read the books of this Nobel prize winning author, but he seems to be a man of great courage and independent thought.

I look forward to reading his works!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home